- First, I pray to my soldiers when I roll my dice to see if I can move or shoot
- I donate a lot of money to them
- I believe in my toy soldiers. I pretend they are real.
- I tell everybody I believe in peace, that’s why I play with soldiers instead of fighting real wars.
- In reality, though, I fight wars with others about the ‘true religion’. “Age of Sigmar/Bolt Action/Field of Glory? Are you stupid? That’s childish/not realistic/overcomplicated (delete as appropriate)”.
- I try to convert others to my religion. “28mm? You really should try 6mm.”
- I believe in strict rules. No shooting at me beyond your line of sight.
- I will forbid my daughter to marry someone who doesn’t share my religion.
- I’m part of a community and we have regular meetings to practice our rituals. My orations about the purity of certain rules are described as sermons, by certain non-believers, like my wife.
- I have ten rules. All major religions have ten rules.
Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Amen!
ps: the goddess above is not my wife, unfortunately 😦 (photo Bethany Clarke)